On July 3, 1996 the Cabinet agreed to the proposal to Restructure Syariah Courts throughout Malaysia through the following measures:-
- To establish JKSM by the Federal Government headed by the Syariah Chief Justice of Malaysia, who is also Head of Open Service scheme for Syariah Officers.
- To create an organizational structure JKSM
- To create four (4) posts of Judge of the Syariah Court of Appeal to reconsider the appeals cases at the Court of Appeal in the states and federal territories.
- To Maintain the structure of the State Syariah Court and that of Federal Territories, including the commissioning of Syariah Chief Justice and Syariah Officers.
- To create a Open Service Scheme for Syariah Officer.
- The Federal Government will bear the cost of Syariah Officer.
Jalan Damansara, Kuala Lumpur.
Blok Perpustakaan Awam Islam JAKIM,
Jalan Perdana, Kuala Lumpur.
Level 6, Rumah Persekutuan,
Jalan Hishamuddin, Kuala Lumpur.
|(10 Julai 2001)
Aras 2 - 4, Blok D7, Kompleks D,
Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan Putrajaya.
|2001 - Now|